Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We are legal Spanish drivers!

Thanks to so many of you who prayed for our driving tests yesterday. We are sooo pleased to report that we BOTH PASSED!!

Becca had a stressful test, feeling like she made several errors. However, the instructor passed her without even asking her to park or do any complex maneuvers! We were on pins and needles waiting for the results... but he knew she was a good driver. :-) We celebrated her big win with a cafe con leche for us and our fellow students who drove with us.

My test was a study in Spanish language comprehension with me not exactly understanding the more detailed instructions the instructor was giving me... and all of us breaking up laughing a couple times as I failed to do what he was asking. I had another student riding along and one of the driving school instructors, so it was just hilarious having them telling me in Spanish that, "no, you should do blah, blah, blah..." STILL in Spanish (usually louder and faster like we do in English to those who don't understand us). In the end, God was gracious and the situations that presented themselves went well. For instance, he told me to turn left on a street that was prohibited and I responded that it was not a legal turn. Then promptly missed the next legal left! Oops. In the end, I guess he took pity on me and I passed!

We are thankful and relieved to be able to return to Texas for vacation knowing this is behind us. Becca and Katie fly to DFW tomorrow... arriving at 3pm. I fly next Friday and arrive in the evening. We'll be spending the majority of our time in Arkansas, Mexico and Austin visiting our families, but we will all be at church on August 10th. Bec and Katie will be at IBC on July 27th. We are excited to be coming home!

Thanks again for praying for us through the driving stuff! We are thankful for your love and support.

Jason/B/K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news so happy for you guys

Richard and Riekje

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I always knew you were excellent drivers. Look forward to seeing all of you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I always knew you were excellent drivers. Look forward to seeing all of you!