
It is a little strange being in a foreign country on the 4th of July. It has happened to me before, but clearly I've never actually been living in a foreign country until this year. Jason is working today - no holiday here! (of course we get a whole slew of others... but still :-) ) It's not like we have even made it to a fireworks show every year when we had the chance... but it's so strange that we don't even have the option here!
So Katie & I made sure to get decked out in red, white & blue to show our patriotism. The thought ran through my head that tho we usually try to blend in a bit here by not dressing too blatantly American (i.e. white sneakers and shorts), today I don't care b/c it's our country's birthday. You can't really see it, but Katie even has 2 different red, white & blue ribbons in her hair.

Then we're at the grocery store, and the check-out lady comments to Katie - you look so pretty wearing your French colors today. HUH?!?! It took me a minute to figure out what she meant - and yes, the French have those colors b/c we in America did first!!
So I guess I was partly right... we are obviously foreigners today.... whatever nation that might be from :-)
Happy 4th! Enjoy those fireworks & parades for us! We're going to have good old American hamburgers and french fries for dinner for our celebration!
2 comments:
Hi Becca, What a cute story. I am proud of you for showing your patriotism. I asked Janelle about you all the other day and she told me you are living in Spain. Katie is absolutely the cutest. Will you be home for the holidays? Thanksgiving won't be the same without your family there.
Katie you look so beautiful! This is the sweetest story, keep on wearing that red, white and blue.
We love ya'll!
Jenn/Bryan/Candace/Collin
Post a Comment