Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Holidays...

Just a quick blog post on a couple topics...

1) Becca and Katie made it safely and happily to Dallas last Friday afternoon. The flight from London was great. Katie ended up sitting next to a little girl her age and they played/traded stickers/watched movies/ate snacks and enjoyed traveling together to Texas. Katie is having so much fun speaking English and seeing her friends that she´s not willing to even talk to me on the phone. It´s a preview of when she´s 13, I believe!

2) I´m holding up well here in Madrid. I actually did some dishes and folded a bit of laundry yesterday. It´s been a while for me. :-) Next, I´ll learn how to run our dishwasher. Good times...

I leave Friday at noon with LITERALLY every other person in Europe. In talking with AA last night, they confirmed that every flight to the US is FULL. I was hoping to standby on an earlier flight, but that´s not happening. Honestly, I expect to be delayed... but hope it all goes well. We´ll see!

3) The MountainView Library opened successfully on Sunday. Lots of good energy and 10 people checked out books. It was very cool. We have just over 200 books already and I´ll try and post up a pic or two soon. 2 members of the church gave me a nice stack of books. I will drop by the church later tonight to add them to the shelves. :-)


Georgia and Isaac helping stock the shelves. (They honestly did almost all the work!)

Martin and Eliza having a look at the books available. Lots of room on the shelves... so hopefully we continue to get donations!


Thanks for praying for us and we hope to see those of you in "the americas" very soon...

Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that the library is filling up. Looks great. Will be praying that you get out of Madrid on Friday and for a great time and rest with family. All is well with us, although we lost my mobile phone. Love Richard and Riekje