Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We have 1 bag!

Hello sweet friends and family!

Well, we do have 1 bag - Katie & I went downstairs for 15 minutes for a coffee, and when we came back up, 1 bag had magically appeared in our room!! What a sweet thing! I was very grateful to see this sign of hope that someone is doing something toward getting our bags. It was not a clothes bag... so only minimally useful :-). But there were a couple of sweaters for me which helps (I've been wearing the same sweater most days, then one of the shirts Jason bought for himself yesterday - not the height of style :-) ). And it was the bag that had Katie's baby scrapbook in it, which is about the only thing that is truly irreplaceable. So we are grateful!

I did speak to an AA representative last night who was very encouraging - he is the 1st one I've talked to who seemed to understand what had likely happened to the bags. He said usually bags travel on the original itinerary when they are separated from their owners (i.e. American still has them- a good thing, I think!). He said they are likely in Miami waiting for space on a plane coming here. So we are praying that even today there will be space for the other bags and we will have more deliveries in the morning. So there's more info than you wanted to know about the baggage situation :-).

Jason was able to go into work today for the whole day - hoorah! I'm sure his boss appreciates that :-) (actually his boss has been extremely sympathetic and is very worried about how all this drama has affected my opinion of Madrid and this whole move!) But still it was good for Jason to actually be able to do his job. Katie & I basically stayed here all day - she hasn't had much play time and needed a break. So it was a very nice day. It was sunny and warmer than yesterday as well which is good for us coatless ones. :-)

We love you all and appreciate your prayers! God is taking care of us!
Becca for us 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, 1 bag! tell Katie 'Hi'. We have enjoyed reading the Blog.
Tiffany M.

CAMINO said...

PTL! What a great God to deliver the most important bag of all! We'll keep praying for the rest to arrive in the morning.

Dad