Sunday, February 17, 2008

We are here!!



Hello from SPAIN!

We had some weather related travel changes (we were flying DFW to Miami to Madrid) that ended up taking us through Paris instead. The flight was GREAT. Katie and I shared a 3 seat row and she slept at least 5 hours. Becca had 2 seats on a window all to herself and she rested well too. I can sleep pretty much anywhere, anytime... so I rested fine. (somehow) We got upgraded to 1st class on Air France from Paris to Madrid, so we had a really nice flight into town. :-)

However, the flight change caused a few wrinkles...

The main one is that we have NONE of our 7 checked bags. OUCH. It's cold here and we don't have jackets or many, many other necessary things (like... um... clothes!). The main prayer is that they will be found. We have a few keepsakes in the bags that we really want to see again. Neither Air France nor American Airlines seems to have an idea where they may be... but I know bags rarely disappear for good.

So... please pray that our bags come tomorrow. We need our stuff! I just spoke with my boss and he promises me that we'll be laughing about this very soon. He's very accomodating, so no worries that I'm not able to get going tomorrow with the meetings I had planned. :-) oh well!

Our favorite quote from Katie today comes from a conversation in the taxi to the hotel. We were discussing that Madrid is different than home, but that the Sun, Moon, Stars (all of which she loves) are the same. We quickly moved to rocks, trees, etc. and then the "grass". I told her the grass here was much softer than our scratchy St. Augustine grass at home. To which she replied, "We I like Spain much better than Texas Daddy. The grass here is softer." :-) She's a peach.

We're doing well. We are in a great suite hotel with a separate bedroom for sleeping. It's quiet and nice. We are good. Now... if I get some clean socks for tomorrow... I'll be in GREAT shape.

Loving and missing you all,
Jason and the sleeping girls (it's 11pm here, 4pm in Texas)

BTW,
BIG thanks to my neighbor Ty Maddox who came over yesterday and helped fix a problem with my Slingbox. As a result, I'm watching the Daytona 500 LIVE as I write this. Gotta love technology. If your not familiar with Sling, it give you the ability to watch your Tivo/DVR from anywhere in the world. It's AMAZING. A little piece of home that really will help us stay connected to home!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you guys made it safe!

Anonymous said...

Great that you made it safe and sound. Now if the bags will do the same..we're praying!
Love you!
Jenn/Bryan/Candace/Collin
(J/B/C/C)

Tricia said...

Glad you all made it! We were praying.

We'll pray your bags show up soon.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that Katie likes Spain better than Texas :-) Thanks for sharing those pieces of life, they are the sweetest. And the Daytona 500, the Great American Race!! In Spain LIVE - way cool. Who needs clothes?!
Ok, we will pray for your clothes to be found too.
Brian & Mandy

Anonymous said...

Jason and Becca and Katie,
It is so good to hear that you made it to your temporary home in Madrid. That Katie is fun and a real sweetie...soft grass is enough. I hope that your bags arrive tomorrow morning and then you can relax and enjoy yourselves some. The Slingbox sounds great, my wireless was out most of today so I just got your message at 9 p.m., 4 a.m. your time. Thought about you all day! Thanks for the message!!!

Much love to you all,
Dad/Rich/Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! We all kept tabs throughout the day on what time it was in Spain. So glad you made it safe and sound. Your bags will get there very soon! Praying for you 3. Missing you!!!!
Tracy