Monday, February 11, 2008

Sick

I'm writing with a prayer request - we are all 3 sick to one degree or another! Katie and Jason have bad colds and I have the flu - super yuck! I've spent the day in bed except for a trip to the doctor to get some Tamiflu. So hopefully it will work quickly - and mainly we hope that Jason & Katie will not get it too. I had the vaccine in October, but there was an article in the paper today about how the vaccine this year doesn't match up very well with the flu types going around. Bummer!! It's lovely when you see yourself in the news!

So please pray for health to return to the Risley household - we appreciate it!

All else with the move is going smoothly - we heard today that our visas have been approved! We also got the last translations from Spain that we need to take down to Houston when we pick up the visas. Jason booked our flights for Sat at 1:50 as well as the hotel that will be home for a couple of weeks. We spent a loooong day yesterday finishing up sorting and inventorying what we are taking in each shipment - and I was glad that it was finished yesterday before I was confined to my bed! So hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow (or soon anyway) so we can get the rest of the chores done before Friday.

Thanks for praying!
Becca for us 3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for you to get well quickly and for all things this week to go smoothly. Hurray for the visas! We imagine having those one-way tickets are both a relief mixed with a little sorrow. Love to you 3!

Anonymous said...

Hi you three,
I heard you were sick, Becca...didn't know all of you were. I'll be praying. I am so thrilled for the details to be largely done...on this side of the pond...and trust the final days will be peaceful. I know the excitement is mixed with sadness, but I'm excited for the plans God has for you. I've talked with a friend here, Nancy Tune, who has a daughter and son-in-law living in Madrid. I hope to get her email to send to you, if you don't have it already. We love you and are praying for you. Love, Debbie Cone