Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1st

In our family, we are all about traditions, and one of those traditions helps us kick-start the Christmas season. Every year, we exchange December 1st presents - little things that help us decorate or enjoy the month of December a little bit more. I think my mom began this when I was a newlywed as a way to increase my holiday decorations. But now, we just really enjoy it and have no plans to stop! :-) The best is when we can get something at the after-Christmas sales the previous year - my sister-in-law Mandy is especially good at doing this! I highly recommend this tradition - it's a lot of fun! Oh, and Jason would want me to mention that this is a women & children only exchange. :-)

My sweet family did not forget us even though we are in Spain (tho I'm sad to say that I didn't return the favor by remembering to get something for them...). So Katie & I enjoyed opening a little something from Aunt Mandy & Mimi today. Katie got the adorable plate and place mat pictured above from Mimi while my mom gave me some great Christmas soap in a gingerbread container. (the picture above of me was taken by Katie) Aunt Mandy & cousins sent Katie a cute reindeer and some cool foamy Christmas soap that you can play with :-). Mandy sent me some new plastic Christmas glasses - which I love! We already used our new dishes for dinner tonight.

Thank you, Mimi & Aunt Mandy - we feel so loved and Christmas-y today! (as well as enjoying the touch from home!)

Happy December 1st, everyone!

1 comment:

CAMINO said...

oops - gingerbread to Mandy...and snowman to you! Mandy must have some fun snowman soap now?! OOPS! Not a biggie tho - enjoy!
Mom/Mimi