Hola,
GREAT day today. We are in the ICU at 4pm as I write this... but they´ve removed all the special monitoring from Mom and we´re moving to a regular room shortly!! It feels like we´re getting a new car or something to be in a quieter place!
Mom´s progress the last couple days has been remarkable. She is eating, sleeping, refusing the strong pain medicine, telling me to go home... the whole shebang. She´s dangerously close to her old self. :-)
Seriously, we´re in great shape here. The neurosurgeon came in this morning and was very happy with how things looked at the incision site and otherwise. They were watching to make sure that no bleeding or leaking (spinal cord fluid) occurred at the back of her head. It looks great. The scar is a big one. It´s like a large backward question mark on her head and neck. If you´re a guy... this would be one you´d love to show off someday.
Well, as I write this, they are here to move her to room 512. Music to our ears! A change of pace! See you later...
Jason
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh Jason~ I have not seen you and your family since forever ago and yet this all still feels so close to home.
I am so happy to read she is doing so well. Music to my heart!
HUGS!
Praise the Lord for Vicky's progress. We are praying for continued healing. Belva & Truman
So happy to hear of her great progress! We are checking back frequently and continuing to pray! God is good all the time no matter the outcome, but we are so thankful for the good reports, as I know you are too. -Lisa and Mickey McBride
So happy to hear things are looking so well.Glad to know she still has her sense of humor!! We are continually praying for her healing and complete recovery. Thank-you so much for your daily updates. They are so appreciated!
Jayne and Mike Fisher
We are praising God with you! What a great report. We sure miss you guys-we had FF tonight and we had Becca's harvest cake and pizza appetizers in your honor. Sure wish you here! We will keep praying.
-Lynn and Brad
That's Great! Thanks for the updates.
Jason, I am elated to hear the news of your moms recovery! Our prayers continue to be with her, you, and your family. Hugs to you and Becca!
Jim & Laura
Jason,
I know you all are so grateful for Vicky's delightful progress and recovery - she is definitely a strong-willed woman! Please give her my love and a hug!
As you know, we all appreciate the updates and seeing the love and concern you have for your mother.
Shalom,
Helen
Thanks for keeping us posted. So happy that your Mum is progressing so well. Praying and thinking and missing you all.
Richard and Riekje and the gang
jASON AND FAMILY..THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WONDERFUL UPDATE REGARDING YOUR MOTHER. SHE IS TRULY A STRONG PERSON AND HER FAITH HAS CERTAINLY PROVED THAT. WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS ABOUT GOING HOME. I PRAY FOR THE BEST. BTW--I JUST RETURNED FROM 10 DAYS IN IRELAND...WE VISITED THE SAME HIGHLIGHTS. LOVE TO YOU ALL, PAT POMRENKE, SAN JOSE, IL
Post a Comment