Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quick Update

Hello all,

Mom rested well last night and Becca and I went over to the hospital at 5am this morning. They moved her to the prep area and everything went ok. She felt reasonably well, with some nausea and headaches that kept her from feeling 100%.

We had a great group of visitors (10 in all) and the hospital agreed to build us our own waiting area next time. :-) Seriously, her pastor came up from Georgetown and prayed with us and the surgeon. It was really special. Her nurse (Gloria) is a wonderful lady and she had a hand on Mom as we prayed for her. Really neat.

They took her back at about 8am-ish and were going to run one more test before they began the surgery. She was calm and glad to be going back to get this "show on the road".

We're thankful for all your love and prayers. We can really feel them. It's 10am here and I'm back in the hotel for a few moments (a shower!) and then will head back over to the hospital.

will update when we can...
keep praying...
much love...
Jason

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jason and family. Thank you so very much for the update on your Mother. We are old friends from Lincoln, IL and she told me about the surgery. I have had her in my prayers as well as the entire family. I pray that the surgery went well today and she will have a speedy recovery. When she has awakened fully, tell her I plan to fly out to see her when she is home and able to have company. She is a dear friend and we have maintained that friendship for many years. BTW..you little girl is a "princess". Love to you all, Pat Pomrenke, San Jose, IL

Anonymous said...

We're praying!