The summary is that Mom is doing well and gaining back her strength. She´s recovering well. Details below.
I spent the night overnight with Mom here in the ICU. We ordered pizza and drank Cokes all night. I wish! I rigged up 2 of the chairs in her room and with 3 blankets and 2 pillows found a comfortable place to “sleep”. If you´d asked me how I slept, I´d say fine… but honestly I feel wiped out today. It was a short night!
However, it was restful and good for Mom. She only had pain medicine a couple times and definitely turned a corner with her strength level. I could give you details of how she´s moving and doing better, but it would be out of context and just wouldn´t mean much to you. Trust me that we´re moving in the right direction on many fronts.
Today has been excellent with continued progress recovering her strength. Jenn and Becca spent the morning/mid-day at the hospital with Mom. Katie and I went swimming in the pool and played some baseball with her Princess bat and ball. (She calls the game “golf” which is quite funny!) Mom´s RN today is very proactive and helped her sit up more than she had been and has her doing other things which are more active and good for her.
David, Paul, Bill and I are here this afternoon. We´re breaking the rule of only 2 people in the room at a time. I´m sitting up on Mom´s bed watching football and we´re all just hanging out. Mom´s feeling good and actually asking to eat some real food. It´s a good sign.
Tonight should be much of the same.
Thanks for all your love and prayers for her. We are thankful for so many of you and your strong support.
Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment