Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Easter pics

Good morning everyone!

Sorry we haven't posted as much recently - not so much unusual going on. I've been hearing the murmurs of discontent though. :-) My mom has been asking for Easter pics so I thought maybe you all would enjoy them.

Katie got 101 Dalmations in her Easter basket - plus a Cinderella Barbie and some dress-up jewelry from Grandpa and lots & lots of candy! Candy to last a good while I think :-).

It was cold cold here on Easter - we all froze at church!! (the church is not heated. :-) ) So we wore sandals and tights :-) (not too unlike last year in Dallas!) And the craziest thing - all afternoon it was sunny - but with snow flurries at the same time! I've never seen anything like it! I've seen sun & rain obviously, but never sun & snow. And it was like that off and on for a long time! I tried to get a pic of it, but it didn't work. Oh and we ate lunch outside :-). It was an unusual experience!

We're just having an uneventful week - hopefully our sea shipment will be here soon. We know it has arrived in Spain, but don't know when it will be in Madrid and through customs. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later! Next week Jason has a conference in Dublin, so Katie & I will tag along with him. It should be fun. I think it's going to be pretty chilly there so we'll bring along our long underwear :-). We are also flying RyanAir for the 1st time - it's a discount carrier here in Europe. I think it may be even more stripped down than Southwest - they charge for everything "extra"! Checked luggage, check-in at the airport... it should be interesting. It's very cheap - but most so if you pack light! (yeah, right!!) We'll do our best!

Love to you all!
Becca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becca you described Easter in Madrid so well. From my point of view it was a day beyond special. The service at church was real, warm in spirit (cold in temperature only) and the social time at church after the service was wonderful for me. A very friendly and diverse group.

The afternoon at the pastor's home was an experience I will always remember with so many interesting conversations with people from all over. Eating outside with the snow flurries and the sun shining was an experience!

Of course, Easter morning with Katie and her basket was so much fun. I loved it all and I couldn't have had a better day..."thank you" to you and Jason.
Rich/Dad/Grandpa