With exactly no drama... we picked up our new car last night! It's a 2008 Honda Accord... but not the Accord in the US. It's the same car as the Acura TSX. It's a dark, metallic brown and is sharp!
We also successfully drove to Hertz and returned our rental car. No small feat in the middle of the Madrid rush hour. Traffic was crazy.
It's a nice car with lots of creature comforts. It reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Becca's Acura that we sold a few weeks ago... except that it's DIESEL (!!) and a stick shift. (No small differences, for sure). The coolest thing is that they installed an MP3 adapter in it, so Bec hooked up her iPOD and now we can play 16 gazillion songs without shuffling CD's. Come to think of it, we didn't bring the CD's... so this is a very good thing!
Anyway. We're very thankful to have our own wheels. The rental car was a good one, but they are pricey and it's nice to check this task off our list.
Lovin' that new car smell...
Jason for we 3
4 comments:
Nice! Glad you got wheels again!
We love ya!
Jenn/Bryan/Candace/Collin
I know you are loving your car and enjoying all the features. The Acura is definitely a nice car. You sound happy and so settled. Enjoy sharing in your adventures. Love to you 3 -- Mom
Becca, do you know how to drive a stick? I am so impressed.
I tried to learn on B's truck but it did not turn out well.
(You can read about it here... http://hilltophomeschool.blogspot.com/2007/10/neck-or-stick.html )
I hope your experience in a stick is better than mine!
And I'm jealous of your ability to plug in your ipod. Interestingly, the 12 pass van did not come with that option. :o)
Hey Jason, Becca and Katie,
That is a sweet looking Accord and I look forward to seeing it next week. I am glad you got it and a new one is great.
I imagine the rush hour driving was wild. Did Dallas train you for that?
Those are two beautiful ladies by that new car!
Love to you all,
Dad/Rich/Grandpa
Post a Comment