As requested, I finally got around to posting up some pictures to (mostly) match the posts. I decided it would be better to go back and add pictures to old posts rather than try to add 62 pics in 1 new post. I added pics all the way back to the 1st post from Spain on 2/17 (you can get there by clicking "older posts" at the bottom of the current page). So check them out!
This morning, Katie & I successfully drove across town to go to the moms & tots meeting that we went to last week as well. It is affiliated with the church, but open to whomever wants to come. It was nice to see some of the same moms we had met last week. I was proud of myself for making it all the way across town in the car too - navigation is an amazing thing! I figure if I ever get too hopelessly lost, I'll just give up and have the navigation take me home :-). It knows where that is for sure! I also drove home from the airport yesterday after dropping Jason off. Parking is an entirely different matter - extremely stressful!!! The spots are extremely close together and the aisles between rows are very narrow. Tuesday at the grocery store I think it took me 15 minutes to get settled into a spot :-). Let's hope there are no hidden cameras recording my efforts :-). We pick up our new car on Friday night or Saturday - we bought a Honda Accord. (which is actually like the US Acura TSX) I'm hoping the fact that's it's smaller will work in my favor in the parking department. We have decided they park by feel here (i.e. by bumping into the neighboring cars to "see" where your boundaries are), something I am not looking forward to engaging in!
This afternoon, I decided to not do more unpacking, but instead to go exploring to the park down the street. It has been BEAUTIFUL weather here - the trees are in full bloom, and they clearly think that winter is over. I'm not sure if they are right or not, but it has been nice. (It's so crazy that it's been snowing in Dallas! I would never have guessed that Texas would ever be colder than Europe :-) ) Today was quite a bit colder & windier, so I was afraid that the blooms would fall off before I got a picture of one of the beautiful pink trees that are all around (I'm not sure what they are - maybe cherry blossoms?) I was afraid Katie was going to rebel at the biting wind, but she did not even seem to notice, and didn't even wear her jacket most of the time! There is a nice playground just a couple of steps outside our gate and Katie enjoyed playing there.
Jason was in Athens last night and is in Rome tonight and tomorrow night. I asked him how Greece was, and he said he mostly saw the airport :-). So we'll have to go back for sure! We decided not to go meet him in Rome this week - it's just been a little too recent that we've gotten out of a hotel! Soon the family travels will begin, I'm sure!
This is probably getting a bit stream-of-consciousness given the hour here, so I'd better close :-). Enjoy the pics!
Becca
2 comments:
I love all the added photos! Thanks for updating your blog, its so fun to find a new entry! We're praying for you!
Love,
Jenn/Bryan/Candace/Collin
PS Thanks Becca for writing C&C, they are enjoying your emails!
Great to see the pictures!!
Sounds like Jason is really getting the tour of Europe with traveling to all the areas he is responsible for!
Glad to hear that you are plugging in to the church there. Have you met Jay & Carolyn Sensenig?? If you have, tell them hello from the Moore's!
We'll have to call sometime...you wouldn't be happy with us right now if we did, it's 4:45 a.m. there.
Post a Comment