Monday, March 10, 2008

Great Weekend...

Hey friends...

We had a great weekend and both completed needed errands and had some fun!
Things we did this weekend:

Saturday...

- Visited our local City Hall and registered as residents
- Took that paperwork to the Honda dealer in order to complete our car purchase. We pickup the car no later than Wednesday. :-)
- Acted like tourists for the afternoon and went to the ´Central Park´of Madrid. Had a GREAT time with perfect weather. Saw a few of the beautiful old buildings there and took some great pics. We´ll surely post some of them soon!!
- We tackled the ÍKEA challenge´of putting together their furniture. 2 hours and a few confusing looks later at their directions... and Katie now has a cute pink dresser for her clothes!

Sunday...

- Slept in a little (church starts at 10:30)...
- Big family breakfast of French toast and yogurt. Yum!
- Great time at church where Jason was asked to come up front to read scripture. Note: 12 years at IBC and zero appearances on stage. 3 weeks (!!!) at Mountainview and I´m involved up front :-)
- After church, we had dinner at the Pastors (Richard and Rickja Wallace) house again. It was a great time and they had 3 other families joining them. Very relaxed and enjoyable time. We are quickly growing a great network of friends. Sometime this week, we´ll have the Wallace´s to our house for dinner. We´ll be discussing how to start a small group in our area. (We live 25km - aka 15 miles - from the church and they are interested in growing their base in our area.)
- We arrived home at about 5pm and had a nice relaxing evening watching College basketball and laughing at how they write the London newspaper. You must ask Becca about this. I almost put the video camera on her so I could capture her comments permanently. Hilarious.

We love and miss you all. I´m in Madrid this week with no travel (hoo-ray!).

Note: With Daylight savings time, we are an hour closer in time to you all. We don´t change till later this month ?? - I think. So... if you want to call us up till 5pm Dallas time (which is only 11pm here)... CALL US! We´d love to hear from you.

817-545-6206

much love,
Jason for we 3

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hey guys,

I love that you are already getting involved in a church and meeting people. That is incredible. I am sure it is so encouraging to see how God already had so many details worked out for you there :). Isn't He so great! I know He has wonderful things planned...
We are continuing to pray for you as you adjust to life in Madrid :)! Becca, I want to hear about the newspaper??
Love,
Kristin (for the Violis)