We made it! We're actually in Madrid! We got here about 10 local time yesterday morning, and after sleeping a night, feel much more like ourselves :-). The main emotion I've been feeling is a sense of unreality - it is really just blowing my mind that we are actually moving here! Our only other European experience is our short trip to Paris nearly 9 years ago, and it feels much much different this time. Then we just wanted to see as much as possible in the short amount of time we had. This time, though we still want to see as much as possible, I definitely feel less sure of where we should start! What sort of things are we going to wish we had done once we get back home on Thursday?? It's a whole different set of knowledge we need to know how to live here!
Yesterday was our day on our own so we walked around like tourists and just saw some sites and people watched. We saw the Plaza Mayor and the Puerto del Sol. We also found a great place to eat that was recommended in our travel book that had yummy tapas type food. (as far as I can tell, tapas just means smaller portions of things so you order a wide variety :-) ) The waitress was very friendly and even convinced us to order some sort of intensines - we're not sure what "callas" is exactly, but Jason tried some! He says it was good, but he's not sure he'll order it again. :-) We are currently waiting for the real estate agent who is going to start showing us places to live and even preschools for Katie. I'm excited to see what sort of places we might be able to live in - I think today will answer TONS of questions!
We love you all and appreciate your prayers!
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment