Hello friends...
We are coming home tomorrow! :-)
Our to-do list prior to coming to Spain:
- Open a bank account (even if you can't read the contract)... check.
- Find a possible house to rent... check.
- Meet your new boss... nope. (never picked up his phone today - busy!)
- Criss-cross the area and wear out some shoe leather learning the new town and acting like tourists... check.
- Talk to a couple other Americans-in-Spain and get some good advice... check.
- Drink some good Spanish wine and eat at crazy times like the locals... check.
- Visit possible schools for Katie... 1/2 check... only saw one (and it's not near our likely home).
- Connect with a potential church to detemine if we might like their community... check.
Seriously, we have covered the vast majority of the items we were needing to get done. We are tired, but it's so nice to have seen our new home in great detail and to have a plan for where and how we'll live.
We are tired... did I mention that?!? It's been a great trip, but we stuffed a lot into a short amount of time. We are glad to be getting some sleep in a few moments and then coming home tomorrow! We arrive back in DFW at 9pm after a stop in Philly.
Glad to be coming home for Christmas and Katie's 4th birthday (23rd),
Jason and Becca
P.S. (Jason writing) Funny moment of the day is a bartender speaking to me FIRST in English. When I inquire, "How did you know I speak English?"... he answers, "You have fine features." What!! I was dumbfounded and wondering what type of restaurant/bar I was in... He went on to explain that we just look different. I could see what he was saying... but it was a real shocker to hear from a surly bartender. :-)
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad the trip has been good. We've been praying! Look forward to seeing you next week. Get some rest
I'm glad the barkeep was hitting on you i/o Becca! LOL
Sounds list mission completed -- for the most part. Glad you are coming home and anxious to hear the details. Continue to pray -- especially the work visa. Love to you both and looking forward to seeing you soon. Stay safe and get some sleep --
We're so glad you are headed home! It must be great knowing that you were able to get so many things accomplished on your whirlwind trip.
As for my "fine featured" brother, what can you say about that other than to just laugh!
Kiss our Katie when you get home, for us!
Love you all,
J,B,C,C
So happy to hear you got the things done you needed to do and also time to see some of your new city. Sounds very exciting to me! Be safe coming home and I know you are dying to see Katie.
Merry Christmas to all the bloggers!
Dad/Rich
I'm glad things went well in Espana and am excited that you're getting to take advantage of such a great opportunity.
Did you not know that you look English/Irish/Scottish/American?
I'll be glad to share every jet lag trick I've used.
Happy Birthday to Katie!
Post a Comment