I would like to ask you to pray with us over the next few weeks and months. About a month ago, my dad was diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer. He will have surgery on October 22 so they can remove his prostate. We are praying that they will be able to get all the cancer out, that the cancer has not spread to his lymph nodes, and that the side effects will be as minimal as possible. Also pray for the time to go quickly - the surgery was originally scheduled for October 5, and it is not especially fun to wait 2 more weeks!!
For several months, Katie & I have planned to come to Texas at the end of October - I guess only God knew the whole reason we were coming. So our schedule has been arranged and rearranged, and will likely be rearranged again, but I am thankful that I will get to be there with my family.
I don't know what else to say. It's scary stuff and we don't know what the future will hold. But I know that God does know and He is big enough.
Psalm 142:3a "When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way."
Psalm 16:8 "I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am sorry to hear this about your dad. I wanted to let you know that your dad and family are in our thoughts and prayers.
How long will you be in Texas ?
Praying for you and them through this time! I'm hoping to get to see you while you are back.
Jan
I was so sorry to hear about your dad, Becca - he's in our thoughts & prayers. Please keep us posted on how his surgery goes!
Post a Comment