Saturday, May 9, 2009

QOTD

Jason has been in Vegas this week - he left last Saturday. So both Katie & I woke up early, excited that he's coming home today! Our rule for Katie, our early-riser, has long been that you have to stay in your bed/room until 7 (we seriously taught her this at age 2 so I - the NON early riser - could stay sane!! :-) )

Anyway, here was our conversation at 6:30 this morning:
K: Mom, can I come snuggle with you?

me: Sure (I was up anyway and knew she was just excited)

K: Because when it says 6, then you can come snuggle.

me: Well, no, usually when it says 6, you need to stay in your bed.

K: But today is a big celebration because Daddy's coming home.

Indeed :-)

Then about 5 minutes later:
K: Mom, can we go to the airport to get Daddy now?

:-) :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca, that is adorable! Love how Katie thinks! It has to be a great day for all of you. Enjoy your weekend together.

Love to you all,
Rich/Grandpa

Stephanie said...

We have the same rule at our house for the same reason! But it's really hard to enforce that when they are being so wonderfully sweet. I love the small pause and then the sweet little question. I can just see the smile. :)