Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter & a loose tooth

We had a wonderful 2nd Easter in Madrid. I think we didn't even get home from "lunch" after church until 7 PM! :-) It was a bit chilly but we still got to wear our Easter clothes with an extra layer or two.

I observed Lent a bit more this year and it definitely made the celebration of Christ's resurrection even more sweet. On Good Friday, we went to visit a local town near us called Alcala de Henares. It is the birthplace of Cervantes, the author of Don Quixote. We really enjoyed seeing the resident storks on top of the buildings in the beautiful central square. (though sadly, I forgot my camera so we have no pictures of these storks!) We also saw several of the floats for the procession that took place later that evening. Each town in Spain holds a procession (parade) on Good Friday with floats representing various parts of the Passion of Christ. We also wandered into a local church in town. It was very moving to see Christ there on the cross on the day we remember His death.

Because this post is mainly to show you Katie pictures :-), I thought I'd include her latest excitement. Katie has her 1st loose tooth! Just a few weeks shy of 5 years after she got this tooth, one of her front bottom teeth is wobbly. She is VERY excited and pretty much tells everyone she sees :-). She can be seen wiggling it often, especially in the car. We'll be sure to keep you posted when the tooth fairy makes his (her?) appearance! We've been told the tooth fairy also comes to Spain, leaving Euros of course! We're not sure what the going rate is for the tooth fairy... guess we'll soon find out! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie you are beautiful! That loose tooth is exciting news! I am sure the Spanish Tooth Fairy is very generous! :-)

Big hugs for you Katie!

Love you so much!

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Tooth fairy is definitely a she! And I think she is filthy rich, so all good for Katie! I'm thinking 10s and 20s? No?
Only kidding! Tell Katie that Aunt Jenn is 'pulling' for her and her loose tooth!
Wish I was there to witness the wiggle!
Love you all,
Jenn