

Well, we have successfully navigated the 1st Day of School! (the drop off anyway :-) ) Katie did GREAT! She seemed pretty excited about it, but was still throwing in lots of skeptical comments on a pretty regular basis. So I just wasn't sure how she was going to do. Since we ended the year on such a rocky note, I thought there was a pretty good chance she would have a hard time. Plus it just didn't work out to get together with many of her friends over the summer like I had hoped to. She was most excited to wear her new school clothes & shoes :-), but the rest she was not so sure about.

But when we got to school, she did great! She was so excited to see all her old classmates, and could hardly wait until it was time to go to class. (They had a looong intro period where the principal welcomed the students to a new year and then they called out the names of the students one by one. Yes, for the whole school! It is relatively a small place... but still) She barely looked back at me when it was time to follow her teacher up the stairs to her new classroom. So, I am praying that she has a good day, and a much better time starting off at the beginning with all the other students.
I am glad to have some free time today (!!) but it does feel a bit lonely around here! We had such a good summer together, Katie & I! :-)


These 2 pictures are the only ones that necessarily requires explanation... In the 1st one, she is saying "1st Day of School" with the silly girl slant. :-) The other one is her headed off up the stairs w/o a backward look (see the green backpack?).
4 comments:
I was praying for you, Becca, and for Katie this morning, hoping this 1st day of school was just wonderful for you both! Thanks for posting all those precious pics! She looks like such a big girl, with her green backpack. We send you all love,
Jenn/Bryan/Candace/Collin
Katie, you are a beautiful "big girl" and I hope you will have a wonderful time at school. I love your pictures and will see you very soon.
Love you lots and lots,
Grandpa
She looks so cute! I'm so glad it went so smoothly.
Wow... what a cutie!! I am so glad she is looking forward to school now!! Enjoy your free time :0) I can only imagine!!
Post a Comment