We have been "busy" laying low this weekend - I think we were exhausted! We thoroughly enjoyed
An interesting anecdote about Katie being sick: I thought she had strept throat b/c her throat really really hurt and she had a high fever. So Friday morning I decided we should get her checked out - partly selfishly to try to get her better and "save" some of this long weekend, and partly worrying about how we'd get her to a doctor b/c it was a holiday weekend. We were told that the Spanish just go to the ER - kind of strange, but what we figured we'd have to do. Just to give it a shot, I called a couple of doctors from a Notebook with info about Spain to see what they said to do. The crazy part: we found a doctor who does house calls who was perfectly willing to come over in an hour to come see our sick daughter on the holiday!! Crazy!! Oh - and she spoke English :-). I was quite thankful not to have to drag Katie up to a chaotic ER where she wouldn't understand anything that was going on! The doctor diagnosed Katie with roseola and basically told us it's a virus that has to run its course in 3-5 days - bummer there was no antibiotics to the rescue :-). Fortunately Katie felt tons better Sat morning, but she still had a fever late Sat afternoon. So we stayed home all weekend!
I got spoiled rotten today for Mother's Day - coffee then breakfast in bed, a wonderful surprise plate that Katie & Jason had made for me in Dallas and then figured out how to get it here to us, a visit to a beautiful rose garden in full bloom near our house, then lunch at a Spanish restaurant where we got to watch all the other Mother's Day celebrants - I enjoyed the people watching as much as the food! It was a wonderful day arranged by my wonderful husband and daughter!
More about my parent's visit soon....
Happy Mother's Day from Spain!
Becca
3 comments:
Can't keep up with us - huh!
Dad
Becca, glad to hear that little Katie is doing better, but sure hate it that she was so sick!
Love,
Jenn/Bryan/Candace/Collin
I LOVE the plate ~ how fun & sneaky of Jason & Katie. Lacy had that EXACT same thing a couple of weekends ago with the fever and soar throat for about 3 days. Crazy! Also I love all the little pet shops lined up in the picture of Katie ~ a popular toy at our house also:)
Post a Comment